1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

My music and mediashare

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Drewcipher, May 28, 2010.

1. Drewcipher

Drewcipher Cool Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Has anyone else had this problem. I have tried Playon, Tversity, and now WMP, and the same thing happens on all of them. I can see the music and I can use the Play All function. What I can't do is Shuffle All. It tells me no files in folder. It does the same thing on 3 different computers, wired or wireless makes no difference.
    All my songs are mp3s ripped from physical cds. It also makes no difference on the whole collection vs playlists. Shuffle all never works and Play All does. This is really annoying me.

Drew

2. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    You're lucky - my 40K song collection causes Media Share to crap out.

3. Drewcipher

Drewcipher Cool Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Mine is 11,491 songs, and I am at a loss. But maybe it is the size of the library. Anyone out there have more songs than I and working?

4. DaveC

DaveC New Member

Apr 5, 2006
    I have smaller library (~4500 pieces) and the shuffle all function doesn't work for me either. Same error: No files in folder.

I can select an album or a genre and shuffle the contents. In the case of the genre I chose to test, there were ~60 songs.

Dave

5. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    FWIW, I gave up on Media Share a long time ago. It does work with small collections, but forget it if you have anything > few hundred CDs