1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Own Worst Enemy - All Episodes

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by sacalait, Oct 29, 2008.

1. sacalait

sacalait Godfather

Aug 6, 2007
    West Palm...
    Am I the only person watching this show. :confused:

3 Episodes and I haven't seen a post yet.

Did I miss a thread. :scratch:

I enjoy the show. I like the interaction between Edward and Henry especially when they are discussing Edwards' sexual relationship with Henry's wife.

The story lines (missions) are a little far fetched, but no more than any other prime time drama out there these days and the action is pretty good so I will continue to watch. Plus I really like Christian Slater.

Now before you go posting back, (if you do), I have not watched this weeks episode yet (Ep. 3), so don't spoil it.:grrr:

2. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    We've seen the first one and haven't watched any of the others yet so we know the setup and it's not quite Jason Borne but its still pretty well done. The line that Edward wrote on Henry's hand (or is that his own hand) about not touching his car was priceless.

3. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    I like the show but I can't seem to catch the end... I always fall asleep!! :lol:

So maybe I don't like it that much? :scratchin

4. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    I am not a big Christian Slater fan so I have not given it a watch yet, have not had the time :eek:

5. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    We're giving the show a chance, but my wife thinks it's too far fetched and I think it's just OK, which is disappointing considering the top-notch cast. I also think it's suffering from the stupidity of trying to cram too much in the first few episodes. But we'll see.

6. sacalait

sacalait Godfather

Aug 6, 2007
    West Palm...
    Kind of with you that. I am still not 100% sold, but I am going to stick with it.

7. jadebox

jadebox Godfather

Dec 13, 2004
    The show is just now getting to where he's really fighting with ... himself. Finally living up to its title. So, it's either going to get better or really worse. :)

The spy stuff is a little overdone, sometimes silly. And you have to not think of obvious things (like why are they letting him still do that spy stuff). It's not a "must-see." But, I'm enjoying it.

-- Roger

8. joeygee

joeygee New Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Hello, all! Newbie, here..I really like the show, too. Yeah, a little far-fetched but so is 24, Heroes, Prison Break, ALL of Sci-Fi, etc...So, I'm not buying that argument. I've always liked Christian Slater especially since "Heathers" (anyone remember that movie?) I started a thread on Sat. guys and had only 1 positive response..imagine that.. :rolleyes: I'm sticking with this show till the end.

9. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    :welcome_s

Well, I have to admit with the psychiatrist killing the agent who was to kill him, my interest peaked. It means that Saffron Burrows might actually be an important regular.

It is one heck of a cast:

Christian Slater
    Madchen Amick
    Taylor Lautner
    Bella Thorne
    Saffron Burrows
    Mike O'Malley
    Alfre Woodard
    James Cromwell

10. krock918316

krock918316 Hall Of Fame

Mar 5, 2007
    I've only seen the first episode so far, but it seems pretty good.

11. joeygee

joeygee New Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Thanks for the "welcome"! Yes, the cast is killer!! However, I read this show was the lowest rated debut on NBC in like, 7 years...:( (Can't remember the website I read this on, though.)
    How long it will be on is my biggest concern.

12. Herdfan

Herdfan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Have them saved on the DVR waiting for time to watch them.

13. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I'm not reading past the first post (I hate "all episode" threads - them's not the rules! :p) to make sure I don't read any spoilers, but I'm behind on lots of viewing. I have all episodes backlogged and will watch soon ...

14. joeygee

joeygee New Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Not trying to hijack the thread by ANY means, but Drew...Your system blows my mind! Killer, my man. A/V heaven!:D

15. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I have them DVR'd but have not had the time to watch any of the yet.

16. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    OK, I've caught up with all of them, and am in the middle of watching the most recent (from last week), but I'm probably going to cancel the series ...

I just don't get the basic conceit of the show, which is that Edward, the valuable spy, needs to be protected through an artificially induced split personality, Henry. They're doing the same with Tom and whats-his-name ... Why? I don't see how this is helpful, and to me it seems more of a risk than just giving Edward a cover story, living two lives so that he has full faculties.

If it was explained somewhere why this "program" is so valuable, I missed it ...

17. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    We watched the pilot and decided to watch a bit more before deciding.

That "bit more" ended up being halfway through the second episode. Canceled the unseen episodes and the SL today. Just couldn't get past Henry the whiner and many other things.

18. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    Man, I didn't post in this thread or read it because I didn't want to see anything before watching the entire season, due to such a busy schedule. It looks like they canxed it, and I was really liking it. Too, bad, perhaps my DVRing it like some many others did it in. Apparently it wasn't very popular with many here either. :(

19. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    I loved it but when they announced it would be canned I removed it from the DVR line up. Too bad really, I think I saw the first 4 or 5 episodes.

20. TheDurk

TheDurk Legend

Mar 8, 2007
    I gave it three episodes hoping it would get better. It didn't. Glad it's gone. Dumb idea, repetitive script.