1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

My picture keeps "blacking out" with sound - very annoying

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Sim-X, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Sim-X

Sim-X Godfather

Sep 23, 2009
    So this is starting to become very frequent. I am watching the vikings game on channel 9 kmsp here in Minneapolis and I get my hd feed from DTV. MULTIPLE times throughout the game my picture will go black (the sound will stay play) and it will stay black for 1-3 seconds and come back. It doesn't buuuuurrrp just goes black. This seems to happen every week. I haven't really noticed it on other channels except Fox 9. I watch the resolution lights on the box and they do not change at all when going black. I have reset before so not sure if this is a problem with the feed but it is starting to get old. I am using a HR22-100. Any ideas?

2. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Welcome to FOX. They do this in Milwaukee too. This has been happening for weeks.

BTW I hope you are enjoying Favre.

3. Wisegoat

Wisegoat Icon

Aug 16, 2006
    I saw this today on an NFL game I was getting OTA from Mexico (generator screwed up, so no DirecTV). We were out in Glamis, and that was a channel I was able to pick up. It kept doing that all day. Wondered if it was me. Guess it might not have been. This was on the OTA tuner in the TV and not from DirecTV at all.

4. Tom_S

Tom_S Icon

Apr 9, 2002
    I noticed this during the Giants game yesterday. It was always when going from a replay back to live coverage, it looked to be a problem at the source, not with DirecTV.

5. Sim-X

Sim-X Godfather

Sep 23, 2009
    well glad it's not just me - It never did this when we had comcast. Is there someone we could contact to report the problem? My roommate just blames DirecTV cause he hates the pos box but I figured I would make a post and see if it was happening with anyone else. Did this just start this year?

6. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Apr 1, 2007
  7. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    It's happening to me on FOX and CBS, and not just during games. Distinctly remember it happening most recently while watching recordings of Glee and Old Christine. Random 1-3 seconds of "black screen", but no loss of audio.

8. azarby

azarby Hall Of Fame

Dec 15, 2006
    Same problem watching the Cardinals on Fox10 here in Phoenix.