1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Re-Alignment Results

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by xanadu1979, Aug 13, 2008.

1. xanadu1979

xanadu1979 Cool Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Not sure if anybody cares but I thought I would post this. I was getting bad signals with the new 99 satellite so I called for a re-alignment. When the tech got here he told me that the 99 wasn't being used but I quickly corrected him and he accepted my correction. He was up on the roof for about five minutes and everything seems better now. The total time was maybe 15 minutes. Here are some before and after pics of my signal strength.

Before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
    Cool. Improvement for sure. Next time please attach your pics. All these make the page slow to load.

3. tkrandall

tkrandall Hall Of Fame

Oct 3, 2003
    I had somewhat similar readings (80s for 103c, 70s for 99c) two weeks ago and I was able to get them both into the 89-96 range.

4. colebert

colebert Legend

Aug 19, 2007
    You'll see your 99 transponders with that consistent 10-15% odd/even disparity when your dish is out of alignment. Good you got it fixed.