1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

My receiver is seems to have an issue.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by bhigh8, Aug 27, 2010.

1. bhigh8

bhigh8 Legend

Oct 4, 2006
    I have an HR 20 for quite a while now and the last 3 weeks it has been very slow and had lots of issues. pixilates when i am watching a show but havent caught up all the way. also i can hit the guide button and wait about a minute for it to show up. I have reset it about 10 times in the last 3 weeks and it hasnt helped.

Could it be the receiver is starting to go and i need a replacement or should i try deleting some the shows that are taped and see if it will help.

2. AAKent

AAKent New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Do you have an external drive on your HR20? I had exactly the same problem with mine, and then removed the eSATA drive and it seems to be working perfectly now.

3. kokishin

kokishin Godfather

Sep 30, 2006
    Silicon...
    You're not alone... http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=181831

4. bhigh8

bhigh8 Legend

Oct 4, 2006
    No, i dont have an external drive hooked up. just runs unbearably slow. i have had this receiver for a while now. could it just be ready for a new one.