1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Roku 1 has had it's last day, many power outages has fried it

Discussion in 'IPTV Hardware' started by oldschoolecw, Aug 17, 2012.

1. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Should I get a Roku 2 or something else? My primary use on the Roku was NetFlix and Amazon VOD. Looking at Apple TV, it does not offer Amazon VOD, will it ever? I'm thinking the new VIZIO Co-Star could be an option also. What do you fine people think I should go with next?
    Thanks
    Rich

2. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    It's hard to say. Amazon VOD was just released on the iPad so eventually it might make it to the Apple TV.

Personally I like the Roku. It's very versatile. The VIZIO also sounds interesting.

3. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Like Chris I like the Roku.

4. fortnerw

fortnerw Mentor

May 6, 2006
    Roku2 XS is one of the best devices I have ever owned. There is no end to the stations that seem to be coming to this format. Many not my cup of tea but someone out there wants them. I believe it is the standard to IPTV at this time. I do have to keep on to AT&T sometimes to keep my dsl speed up to 5+ meg download but I am lucky to have that out in this rural area.

5. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Thanks guys, I'm thinking about getting the new Roku HD, it has everything I need. It will be going into my bedroom which has a 32" set and only 720P

6. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    IMHO the Roku is your rock solid choice.