1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Signal Strengths, need tweaking?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by jrodfoo, Apr 29, 2010.

1. jrodfoo

jrodfoo Godfather

Apr 9, 2007
    Hi all,

I'm just curious about my signal strengths, I don't seem to be having a major problem, just some random pix elation at times. I've attached my signal strengths. just looking for some input. Thanks in advance!

2. jpitlick

jpitlick Icon

Apr 19, 2007
    Your signals aren't going to get much better. If your dish is accessible, you may check to make sure everything is tight. I get occasional pixellation and audio drops and my signals look pretty similar to yours.

3. mcbeevee

mcbeevee 97% Complete

Sep 18, 2006
    Most of my signal strengths are between 90 and 100, but I still get some pixelation, mostly on the HD local channels. I see the same pixelation on these channels using OTA, so my problem is with the local stations, not Directv.

:)

4. dwcolvin

dwcolvin Icon

Oct 4, 2007
    If your readings on 103cb were taken at the same time, I would be concerned... they should be much closer on the two tuners.

5. jrodfoo

jrodfoo Godfather

Apr 9, 2007
    Yeah, they were. I have the protection plan, so I could get someone out here to tweak if need be.

Thanks!

6. dwcolvin

dwcolvin Icon

Oct 4, 2007
    There's obviously a problem with the 103... could be LNB, coax/fittings, BBC, DVR tuner, etc. With the protection plan, it's a no-brainer... get them to fix it!

7. jrodfoo

jrodfoo Godfather

Apr 9, 2007
    Yeah I have a tech coming on Tuesday, thanks for your replies and comments! :)