1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N.O. No HD golf on WDSU for TPC?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by guitarjim, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitarjim

guitarjim Cool Member

Apr 23, 2007
    I am not getting golf on WDSU today in HD. I called a friend who subscribes to a cable service and he's getting it in HD. Is it just me? Is it a HR20 issue? Is it a D* problem? Is it a WDSU problem? Does anyone know?

2. John4924

John4924 Icon

Mar 19, 2007
    I "believe" it is HD, but someone in the studio at WDSU forgot to "switch" to 16x9. This organization is pitiful. FWIW, I am watching it on 33.1 WVLA out of Baton Rouge using my antenna. I refuse to support anything concerning wdsu!:(

6 on your side? indeed!

Cheers,
    John

3. dclaryjr

dclaryjr Godfather

Mar 10, 2007
    Can't reply to the question but I have a question for you N.O. guys. I grew up in New Orleans and the sportcasters in my day were Wayne Mack on WDSU, Hap Glaudi on WWL, and Buddy Diliberto on the ABC affiliate (don't remember the call letters). Any idea if any of these guys are still living above ground level (an above ground crypt at the foot of Canal St. doesn't count).

4. bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    Can't speak for the others, but I know that Buddy D. passed away a few years back.

5. Fish Man

Fish Man Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    WDSU is rediculous.

This is "Larry, Moe, and Curly run a TV station", for sure!

I'm glad to finally have a way to watch NBC programming in HD (Via DirecTV), but what an ongoing goat-rope dealing with WDSU is.

They can never get their guide data right, and have you seen their latest estimate for restoration of their HD signal OTA?

Mid 2008!!!! :mad:

What a joke that operation is!!

6. Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony Godfather

Dec 16, 2006
    All three are no longer with us. Wayne Mack and Hap Glaudi passed away at least ten years ago. Buddy "D" left us a few months before Hurricane Katrina swamped our city.

What a krew they were, I really do miss listening to Buddy "D". Everybody in New Orleans went into shock when we heard the sad news about Buddy. He was so unique. As "New Orleanian" as you could get! Amazing that he jumbled up all his words and only locals could understand what he was saying LOL
    They will never be another one like him.........

7. Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony Godfather

Dec 16, 2006
    I'm watching the golf tournament on channel 6 (mpeg4) WDSU in HD at this very moment. DirecTv HR20 and the picture looks pretty good, not great.

8. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    Tiger - the reason for the fair/poor PQ is that NBC is using about 65% SD cameras.

9. TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol Hall Of Fame

Oct 1, 2003
    Phoenix, AZ
    So thats what it is then, because it didn't look HD to me.

10. dclaryjr

dclaryjr Godfather

Mar 10, 2007
    Thanks for the info! I figured as much for Mack and Glaudi--I thought Buddy was young enough to still be around. Guess the silver lining was that he wasn't around to see the destruction.

Meanwhile, NBC needs to invest in some hi-def hand-held cameras!!

Mid-City Dave :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.