1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

NASCAR Bristol Race 8/24 on WKRN in Nashville

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by dstout, Aug 18, 2013.

1. dstout

dstout Legend

Jul 19, 2005
    Is DirecTV going to show the NASCAR race on an alternate channel Saturday night in the Nashville DMA? WKRN is showing the Titans' game against the Falcons instead of the race.

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I can't say for sure but I have seen programs that run over, on ABC, continue on one of the ESPN channels. I would think they might play it over there.

3. jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey Legend

Feb 28, 2008
    I'm sure DIrectv will open up an ESPN alt for it as there are a few games that are on ABC at same time
    Philly
    Tennesee
    Buffalo (if game runs over)
    Cardinals

and a few affiliates
    St Joseph (Chiefs)
    Columbus/Dayton (Cincy)

4. dstout

dstout Legend

Jul 19, 2005
    I know I am going to get a call from my dad looking for the race. I am trying to plan in advance. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using DBSTalk mobile app

5. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    Usually stations put the pre-empted events on a sister station or on a subchannel, or just screw you over and not air it at all.

WPVI Philly is putting the race on 6.2/6.3
    KNXV Phoenix is putting the race on 15.2
    WKBW Buffalo looks like they're skipping the preshow and will join the race in progress
    KQTV St Joseph is airing the race at 10:30am the next day
    WSYX Columbus is moving the race to their sister CW station

I can't find what Nashville is doing

6. dogs31

dogs31 Godfather

Feb 27, 2006
    Lucky for me, since the Seahawks game is on CBS, I'll get to see the race on my local affiliate.

7. jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey Legend

Feb 28, 2008
    that I can understand as the race starts at 6:30 CDT and the Bills game starts at 3:30

do they think its 1997? I guess cable folks can watch it on KC's ABC. OTA may get ABC from KC but sat customers are screwed

8. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    More like 1987, the station still goes off air for about 5 hours overnight.

9. jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey Legend

Feb 28, 2008
    my local CBS signs off every night at 1:07 and signs back on at 5AM.
    Cable and Directv subs get paid programs during that time but the OTA feed does sign off
    (until a year ago all you'd see is color bars during that time on Directv and cable)

10. goober22

goober22 Godfather

Sep 8, 2004
    Sunny...
    Jayski.com (and ESPN) posted an affected market schedule:

-snip

Saturdays NASCAR Sprint Cup Race to Air on Alternate Channels in Seven Markets:

The affected markets:
    Buffalo ABC affiliate WKBW-TV will join either NASCAR Countdown or the race in progress following 4:30 p.m. Buffalo-Washington game.
    Charlotte, NC ABC affiliate WSOC-TV will join either NASCAR Countdown or the race in progress following 4:30 p.m. Buffalo-Washington game.
    Columbus, Ohio NASCAR Countdown and race will air on local station WWHO-TV.
    Dayton, Ohio NASCAR Countdown and race will air on ESPN and on Digital Tier 2 channel of ABC affiliate WKEF-TV.
    Nashville, TN NASCAR Countdown and race will air on ESPN.
    Philadelphia NASCAR Countdown and race will air on ESPN and on Digital Tier 2 channel of ABC affiliate WPVI-TV.
    Phoenix NASCAR Countdown and race will air on ESPN and Digital Tier 2 channel of ABC affiliate KNXV-TV.
    Rochester, NY -- ABC affiliate WHAM-TV will air NASCAR Countdown on its Digital Tier 2 channel and will join in progress on its main channel following 4:30 p.m. Buffalo-Washington game.
    St. Joseph, MO NASCAR Countdown and race will air on ESPN.
    Weslaco, TX NASCAR Countdown and race will air on ESPN and Digital Tier 2 channel of ABC affiliate KRGV.

-snip

Story here: http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20130820a