1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Nashville NBC, WSMV anchor Dan Miller died

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by xmguy, Apr 9, 2009.

1. xmguy

xmguy New Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Middle, TN
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Longtime WSMV-TV anchor Dan Miller died Wednesday night of a heart attack in his hometown of Augusta, Ga. at the age of 67.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Dan Miller, one of Nashville's legendary television broadcasters, died of an apparent heart attack Wednesday while visiting family in Augusta, Georgia, according to family.

Accorsding to WSMV, Miller was in Augusta for the Masters Golf Tournament.

The Emmy Award winning journalist had been a fixture at WSMV-TV Channel 4, since 1969.

After spending 16 years as primary news anchor and seven years hosting the enormously popular "Miller & Company" talk show, Dan left in 1986 to become principal anchor at KCBS in Los Angeles.

After returning to Nashville in 1992, Dan resurrected his talk show "Miller & Company" on The Nashville Network.

Prior to Nashville and Los Angeles, Dan worked at stations in his hometown of Augusta, Georgia, and in Columbia, SC.

Dan is survived by his wife, Karen, and has four children and two grandchildren.

Story link
    http://www.wsmv.com/news/19135962/detail.html

Video:
    http://mfile.akamai.com/25577/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2009/0409/19136339.200k.asx

2. durl

durl Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2003
    Wow. Sad news. My prayers go out to his family.

3. xmguy

xmguy New Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Middle, TN
    Agreed. I'm 24 and have watched WSMV for those years. Gotten used to seeing Dan Miller. It's like loosing family.

4. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    Sad news indeed. :(
    I remember watching him on channel 4 when I was growing up in the '70's.
    He was without a doubt a "fixture" in regards to Nashville's local news.
    R.I.P. Dan,you will be missed.

5. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    Well, damn! :( That's really sad news. He will be missed on the air around here.

R.I.P.

6. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    As expected,WSMV is giving Dan alot of their airtime during the local newscasts this evening.
    He deserves it.

7. xmguy

xmguy New Member

Mar 26, 2008
    Middle, TN
    I agree. Demetria is really taking it hard.I hope they make a complete retrospective that's aired all at once. I'd like to record and keep it.

For those that don't or can't see wsmv tv where you are they're streaming online.

http://mfile.akamai.com/25577/live/reflector:52525.asx

They back the screen during commercials.