1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Nat Geo Audio Issues

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by dismayed, Jul 28, 2012.

1. dismayed

dismayed Cool Member

Dec 24, 2011
    I'm not sure if it's DTV, the Nat Geo network, or specific shows, but I've noticed with a lot of the National Geographic content the audio quality of those being interviewed will be horribly weak, and possibly only coming out of surround speakers, but as soon as the documentary voice over starts that audio will be booming loud out of the center channel.

I am constantly adjusting the volume up and down because of this... Or at least I was, I've just stopped watching all together now.

Any idea where the problem lies here?

Commercial volume, although loud, is consistent. Maybe it's the programming itself?

2. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    Sounds like a poor mix in the program itself or an issue with your AV receiver. HAve you tried turning Dolby Digital off, or using different surround modes? What specific programs is it happening on? Maybe someone else can check them out on their system and see if the same issue exists.