1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

National Geographic Channel On Dish

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by John Weathers, Jul 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 4, 2002 #1 of 13
    John Weathers

John Weathers New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    As of July the 12th The National Geographic will be added to the AT150 on the 110 bird!:D

2. Jul 4, 2002 #2 of 13
    SParker

SParker New Member

Apr 27, 2002
    Welcome John! If you right this will make a lot of folks happy happy!

3. Jul 4, 2002 #3 of 13
    Keith S

Keith S Mentor

Apr 22, 2002
    Who are your sources? Do you know what channel number?

4. Jul 4, 2002 #4 of 13
    Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Hey John Welcome to DBSTalk :hi:

John has good sources, a lot of things he posted on DBSForums have come true. Great news!

wow he's member number 666 :eek2:

5. Jul 4, 2002 #5 of 13
    Rage

Rage Fromer Member

Aug 19, 2001
    Darn, I can't get 110 in the summer because of a tree.

6. Jul 5, 2002 #6 of 13
    Bob Haller

Bob Haller Banned User

Mar 24, 2002
    Gee I remeber when I had a great source, I wonder how OO7 is doing? I lost his e mail address in a HD crash, and by that time he had moved on to a better job. :) if you read this hows it going?

Those were the days! Leaks, attemding E6 launch, and signing the banner right after Charlie. Irritating the mods with E is better than D! E went and buys D trashing my fun:( Talking to laurie farkus on DNN and having Mike Dugan calling my house thanking me for a tech suggestion were fablous moments too. This resuklted in a new channel with few subs going up. Mine and Metros big secret:D

Of course some tried to leak BOGUS info to make me look bad, and some good info got delayed for unknown reasons, Dan liked to pounce on that.

It was FUN, but stressful. Now I am a Mod for obesity help.com and help others considering weight loss surgery. This is less fun but much more rewarding.

Hey someone please post a link back to here here at the other place on that remember when thread. they might like my recollections...

Funiest thing I ever saw there. Harry D saying Dans head was so big he must of had his doors altered to make the tops larger so he could walk thru....

Harry how you doing? Keep the weight off?

7. Jul 5, 2002 #7 of 13
    Chris Freeland

Chris Freeland Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Their are only a small hand full of good basic channels that E* or D* do not already currently carry, NGC is one of the few that I have wanted E* to add, I hope this info is true.

8. Jul 5, 2002 #8 of 13
    Rage

Rage Fromer Member

Aug 19, 2001
    I wished they would have put it on 119 and in the Top 100 package. I'd trade many channels in the Top 100 for this one assuming that this channel mostly shows wildlife shows and not the stupid animal videos like Animal Planet seems to show all the time.

9. Jul 5, 2002 #9 of 13
    psecic

psecic AllStar

Apr 5, 2002
    Channel 186. Its part of the FOX O&O FOX & Dish hashed out.

10. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    They want to add it to the 150 package to get more customers to sub to that package and make it look more enticing.

Some people on Distretailer.com and DBSForums.com have also been saying this channel was going up on the same day that people on here have been saying.

11. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    It seems odd Dish will be adding a channel on a Friday. For the past 2 years now its been mostly Wednesdays.

12. MediaMills

MediaMills AllStar/Supporter

Jul 4, 2002
    Well, I live in Arlington, TX and your tree is p*ssing me off. I give you permission to hack out the offending branches. ;)

13. Danny R

Danny R Goblin the Pug DBSTalk Gold Club

Jul 5, 2002
    Darn, I can't get 110 in the summer because of a tree.

Thats why God invented chainsaws. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.