1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

NBA Blackout - Timberwolves

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by cyclone27, Nov 8, 2012.

1. cyclone27

cyclone27 AllStar

Feb 1, 2006
    In all the years that I have had Directv (also when I had E*) I have always been able to watch the Minnesota Timberwolves games on Fox Sports North (ch 668). This year, I could watch the season opener on FS North. But since then, all their games have been blacked out. Two were blacked out on both FS North & NBA TV so I just figured it had something to do with NBA TV.

Last night it was blacked out again on ch 668. So I decided I'd better call D* and see what was going on. They told me that the games would no longer be available in Iowa. I'd never heard of such a thing like this before.

When I enter my zip code for blackout info, it still shows I should be able to watch the Timberwolves' games through premier/sports pack. My zip code is 50320.

2. HGuardian

HGuardian Godfather

Aug 9, 2010
    It's going on in other locations also. You are in-market but DIRECTV isn't paying for everyone in fringe areas of the Timberwolves market to watch Timberwolves games therefore with or without Sports Pack or even League Pass you are hosed of all Timberwolves games.

DIRECTV should change their "Sports Leader" moniker into "Sports Leader unless...you are a Lakers fan, you are a Pac-12 fan, you are a boxing fan, etc."

3. BigJ52

BigJ52 Godfather

Jul 29, 2007
    Yeah noticed this as well. I'm a Bulls fan but turn the T-Wolves games on every once in awhile. Stinks that is the way it is now.

4. cyclone27

cyclone27 AllStar

Feb 1, 2006
    Thanks for your replies. I did later see a thread somewhere else relating to this.

I should have known better, but three different CS reps said I would get the games if I bought NBA League Pass. I went ahead & got it. I got a really good deal, but it looks like I will only get the ones shown on the local Minneapolis station (ch 29, I think) through league pass. At least I can see Lakers games now.