1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

NBA Finals

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Earl Bonovich, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
  2. kiknwing

kiknwing Godfather

Jun 24, 2009
    Ogden, UT
    So very true

3. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Being a Lakers fan in Dallas has been tough, but seeing Queen James lose made it tolerable. :lol:

4. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Love it. THE DECISION is moot

5. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    1. Mavs Win
    2. Dirk, Kidd, Terry
    3. Revenge from 2006
    4. The BAD Decision
    5. Cuban
    6. The Fab 5 members have still NOT one any championships

6. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    Congrats to the Mavs and Mark Cuban for his deferring to the original owner of the team when the trophy was awarded. Pretty classy, considering that Cuban is usually out in the limelight.

7. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    I like Lebron... but I gotta admit, this was nicely edited together.

[youtube]2mx3vXEg7Gs[/youtube]

8. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Nice.

9. texasmoose

texasmoose Icon

May 24, 2007
    How can this be the same thread as mine!?!?!? This talks about the finals, yes, but mine was about the singing PROPS to the new world champions. Please reinstate my thread Mr. Moderator!

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=193919

10. texasmoose

texasmoose Icon

May 24, 2007
    per 6, u meant to say 'WON' not 'one'?!?

11. Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    I heard a stat at one point that in 9 Finals games, LeBron had never scored more than 25 points in a game. Michael never scored less than 22 in a Finals game.

I don't generally follow basketball, but this finals was interesting, sort of, so I watched parts of it. After Lebron scored 8 one night, the "experts" were all saying "Oh, he had a bad game. MJ had bad games. Kobe had bad games." ON and on they went. And while that's true, MJ never had a bad game in the FINALS. Joe Montanta never had bad games in the SUPERBOWL.

Those are just two that jump out at me.. but it seems the real GREATS figure out a way to elevate their game when the pressure is the highest. Lebron - at least to this point in his career - hasn't shown that ability. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. But, IMO, until he does, he's not even in the discussion with MJ.