1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBA League Pass Blackouts

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by luzernestudent, Dec 20, 2011.

1. luzernestudent

luzernestudent New Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Here we go again live in Northeast PA go to turn on the Wizards at 76ers game. The game is blacked out. Dish network does not offer CSN Philly local cable companies don't offer CSN Philly how can the game be blacked out:confused: This is my question I'm a big Knicks fan will all the New York games be blacked out as well due to where I live. Zip Code 18222

2. RaymondG@DISH Network

RaymondG@DISH Network New Member

Jul 21, 2011
    The blackouts depend on who owns the rights to a specific game. You can check about a week ahead of time to using Game Finder, to see if a game is going to be blacked out in your area. Here is a link to the Game Finder tool. The only information needed to check is your zip code.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/sports/WheresMyGame/Default.aspx

3. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    The only Knicks games that'll get blocked are when they play the Sixers.

4. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Unfortunately not being able to receive a channel is not reason to lift a blackout. if you visit a local place that can get may be your only option to view the game.

5. adkinsjm

adkinsjm Icon

Mar 25, 2003
    You need cable to watch Sixers gems in NEPA.

6. RasputinAXP

Jan 23, 2008
    Indeed. It's Comcast Country.

7. adkinsjm

adkinsjm Icon

Mar 25, 2003
    Quite a few providers carry Comcast SportsNet in NEPA. Comcast is up un Scranton, but Service Electric, Blue Ridge, Adams Cable, and MetroCast carry it as well.

8. RasputinAXP

Jan 23, 2008
    And they're all non-competing cable providers. I'm very familiar with Service Electric, they're the only provider in northwest New Jersey.

9. luzernestudent

luzernestudent New Member

Mar 4, 2011
    The one odd thing about Dish Network is they don't offer duel feeds for their league pass games last year I had Direct TV and they had both home and away feeds for many of their games which prevented the 76ers blackout.