1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBA League Pass Free Preview:Oct.30-Nov.6

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Steve615, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    We received a flyer via mail from D* today on the free preview.On the flyer,it states the following.Tune to channels 751-763 for games and channel 601 for NBA TV.Up to 40 games a week from outside your local area-select games in HD.NBA TV 24 hour all access live scores,stats & highlights.NBA League Pass Broadband live games online.NBA Laegue Pass Stats Central,real time updates and league news.The free preview runs Oct.30-Nov.6. :)

2. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    757 & 718
    i hope that includes all the HD games, and i hope nba tv HD launches in time for the free preview weekend.

3. toneman

toneman Legend

Oct 23, 2007
    IIRC D* had the same NBA free preview at the beginning of last season too...and probably the season before that; the addition of HD games will be nice though! In any case, I look forward to this since it is the only time (other than ESPN/TNT, or if they're playing the Sacramento Kings on the local channel) I would be able to watch my Warriors on TV up here in Sac since FSN Bay Area (the RSN channel for Sac area) blacks out all Warriors games due to the Kings being the local market NBA team where I live. :mad:

Yes I know I would be able to watch them on the other Fox RSNs (when they're playing the other NBA teams) if I subscribe to the Sports package but still...

4. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Up till now the free preview has NOT included the HD games if you did not already sub to LP.

5. JonSamuels

JonSamuels Legend

Jun 26, 2007
    St. Peters, MO
    I'm not sure that's completely true. It seems like some games are available in HD but not all of them.

For example, for me, the HD feeds of the Lakers games carried by FSN West have been blacked out, but the SD feeds have not. But I have seen all of the HD feeds of Nets games carried by YES.

Almost seems like it's on a team-by-team or network-by-network basis. Whatever the basis for it is, it doesn't seem to make much sense!

6. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    Currently watching a little of the Bulls/Nets game in HD.It is available in HD on 2 channels currently.Channels 754-1 (NBA HD) and 622 (YES HD).

7. cmasia

cmasia Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Las Vegas
    They're able to figure out the -1 channels for the NBA, but not the NHL?

I'm shocked, shocked.

I don't have LP, but I'm getting the HD games during the free preview.

8. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    Same situation here,we don't subscribe to LP,but,they are airing HD games with the free preview.

9. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Yeah its great D* is keeping the RSN channel open for us NBA fans!!

10. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Not completly true. The Washington/Indy game was in HD on 629 but was blacked out, the only way to watch that was the SD version on the NBA-LP channel. Bad move D*!

11. thechad708

thechad708 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    As a Bulls fan its frustrating to have to listen to Marv Albert on YES. Especially when the game is being broadcast on Comcast Sportsnet Chicago in HD. Come on Directv, if Hockey fans can have dual feeds why cant NBA fans? For god sakes the Bulls-Nets game is uplinked but blacked out!

12. Smuuth

Smuuth Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2005
    Blackouts are not usually the fault of DIRECTV.

13. Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer Hall Of Fame

Dec 6, 2006
    That is because there is no authorization needed in a free preview...its just opened up to everyone...totally different scenario then a closed NHL CI package requiring subscription authorization.

14. cmasia

cmasia Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Las Vegas
    I should have been more clear.
    CI HD games were blacked out during the free preview.
    And I had already subscribed.

15. Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer Hall Of Fame

Dec 6, 2006
    We also had very very few feeds during that time period because the RSN's hadn't launched yet (or maybe one or two had).

I do understand where you're coming from, however.

16. Jeremy W

Jeremy W Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2006
    Actually, you wouldn't. Out of market RSNs are blacked out during NBA and NHL games unless you have NBALP or NHLCI, respectively.

17. JonW

JonW Icon

Dec 21, 2006
    Yep, if you subscribe to the league pass they usually let the feed go through to the RSN channel, but I wouldn't count on it. I always record via the league pass channels. Ideally they would just let you pick whichever broadcast you preferred (home or away) and the blackout information be reflected in the guide so you'd never try to record a dead program.

18. diggerTV

diggerTV New Member

Sep 4, 2007
    The Bulls/Nets game was not in HD on CSN Chicago last night. Since I live in the Bulls market, the HD feed from YES was blacked out in my area.:(

19. alevine1986

alevine1986 Godfather

Jul 10, 2007
    Why was the Bucks/Magic game on in HD on 95, but not the corresponding NBA LP channel?

20. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Because D* doesn't have the MPEG 4 version of that RSN as yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.