1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

NBA on TNTHD... not really

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by Stewart Vernon, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I can't be the only one noticing... Fancy grey bars on the sides instead of the usual HD widescreen picture on TNTHD for the Indiana vs Boston game on right now.

First time I can recall since TNTHD went live, seeing an NBA game not in HD... The commercials are stretched widescreen... the studio reports are in normal HD quality and widescreen... just the game not in widescreen, and they haven't said anything about it.

Which makes me wonder... first is something wrong?

But second... since they apparently have the ability to easily to the grey bar thing... why don't they do it the rest of the time for their non-HD shows instead of doing the warped stretching?

2. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    Technical Difficulties

3. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Did they say something about it that I missed? Just curious.

I know they had problems with one of the games last night after halftime... got one camera back with no graphics for a while, then finally had things working right by the end of the game. Wonder if tonight is related to last night if the moved the same cameras to this game...

4. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    No, i'm just guessing, because every NBA game has been HD, and when somethings not planned to be HD, they usually stretch it.

5. Stewart Vernon

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Unless they said something while I was out of the room... I don't believe they ever addressed it, but it must have been a technical problem, since the late game was in the usual HD.

Turns out both games, especially the second one, were good games to watch even!