1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

NBA Player gets in fight, Father takes away allowance

Discussion in 'Sports Programming and Events' started by dpeters11, Mar 1, 2013.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    The NBA fined Klay Thompson of the Warriers $35k, but since his father gets all the checks, he's getting his allowance of $300 a week taken away as well.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...chal-takes-away-allowance-for-fight?hpt=hp_t2

Maybe more professional athletes need to be handled this way. Some certainly can handle it, but plenty can't.

2. HinterXGames

HinterXGames Godfather

Dec 20, 2012
    The other side of the coin, is maybe parents should do better at teaching their future pro-athlete children how to handle situations and be responsible. :/ Then they wouldn't need to still be treated like they are 12 when they become an adult. (talking about the 'allowance', not the fight)
    --
    Be damned if my parents/money-manager would try and put me on an allowance when i'm an adult :/