1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

NBA TV HD tonight? (11/12)

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by jpetersohn, Nov 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpetersohn

jpetersohn AllStar

Apr 6, 2005
    According to the NBA TV schedule there is an HD broadcast tonight (Spurs vs. Wizards) that I'm looking very much forward to. But my 942 doesn't show anything in the guide on the NBAHD channel (only shows "off air"). Does anyone else see this game?

2. pdxsam

pdxsam Godfather

Jun 19, 2004
    Dish hasn't shown an HD game yet this season... and only one or 2 HD hockey games.

Tonight's game doesn't show up on my guide either.

Sam

3. jpetersohn

jpetersohn AllStar

Apr 6, 2005
    So why aren't they showing them? Isn't that the point of having the HD version of the channel?

4. pdxsam

pdxsam Godfather

Jun 19, 2004
    '

They have the channel because last yr they showed every one of the HD games... this year so far none.

I've dropped an email to Dish hopefully I'll get an answer during the week.

5. olgeezer

olgeezer Guest

Dec 5, 2003
    I've seen several games on TNTHD, this year. A week ago last Thusday NHL was on HDNET, NBA on TNTHD and College football in HD on ESPNHD at the same time. Glad I have a remote:D

6. BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    thanks, but they weren't talking about the existing channels, the feeds are what was being reffered to

7. jpetersohn

jpetersohn AllStar

Apr 6, 2005

What is the best way to contact them to complain about this? The specific reason I signed up for the Multi-sports package is to get NBA HD.

:confused:

8. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Apr 22, 2002
    At some point HBA TV HD will go 24/7. At the present, it does not appear to have made the transition. D* has Sonics at Nets on Tuesday listed as an NHL CI HD game. :D

http://www.nba.com/nba_tv/NBA_TV_in_HD-133312-466.html

Upon further review, that game on Tuesday is not an NBA TV game, but is a NBA League Pass High Definition game.

Maybe there is no NBA TV Hi Definition game package anymore. Can't find a schedule for it.

9. pdxsam

pdxsam Godfather

Jun 19, 2004
  10. JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Apr 22, 2002
    They are still in negotiation which may be the same.

Have not seen any on D* either.

May be string to carry the 24/7 attached.

11. jpetersohn

jpetersohn AllStar

Apr 6, 2005
    That's very nice, except that Dish advertises the NBA HD games on their web page:

NBA GAMES IN HD can be
    viewed on Channel 9466 at the
    110 orbital location. Requires a
    subscription to NBA TV (NBA TV
    is available to HD customers
    who subscribe to the Everything
    Pak, Multi Sport Package or to
    NBA League Pass. HD receiver,
    HD monitor and a DISH Network
    antenna pointed at the correct
    orbital location required to view
    HD programming.

at the following URL:

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/ppv/sports_events/basketball/index.shtml

12. jpetersohn

jpetersohn AllStar

Apr 6, 2005
    Well, I've written to the support email and let's see what comes of it. They can't
    advertise this and not provide it.

13. pdxsam

pdxsam Godfather

Jun 19, 2004
    Ahhh I didn't know there was any negotiation going on.

Makes sense with that info.

Thanks,
    Sam

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.