1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

NBC Crisis

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by seern, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Mar 8, 2014 #1 of 15
    seern

seern DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 12, 2007
    Glen Allen, VA
    I have been watching the promos on this show and it looks like a mini series with an ongoing theme. Could be interesting and is going with the resurgence of NBC this season.

2. Mar 8, 2014 #2 of 15
    yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Sounds interesting. Set up season pass.

3. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    Hmmm...

It sounds like a description of network programming in general over the last few years. :D

4. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Took less the ten minutes to hit the kill switch!

5. seern

seern DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 12, 2007
    Glen Allen, VA
    I have not watched it yet, but that bad huh.

6. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    I thought it was pretty good. Not exactly 'must see', but enjoyable.

7. seern

seern DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 12, 2007
    Glen Allen, VA
    I have agree with Drew, I did watch the entire first episode but it did not grab my interest enough to want to watch more so deleted the series recording.

8. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    I wont comment. But unless the acting is somehow great, I can't see the plot making it.

Plus I don't like Gillian Anderson as an aging blonde.

9. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    As some who does not believes in conspiracy theories, but loves to watch shows base on them, I am in.

10. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    I liked it, and thought it was pretty well done.

That said, the premise has a lot of built-in drama, and I prefer my drama to come from conflict that is a little less forced. It is just too easy to write dramatic stuff when its a matter of life and death, which is why I don't watch medical dramas. I like writing where the writers are forced to work much harder than that. The entirety of drama here seems to be based on what people will do under duress of their loved ones being threatened. I think they are going to need more than that to mount a really decent show.

But hey, anything with Gillian Anderson. She could read the phone book cover to cover, and I'm still in.

11. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Just watched it, still a lot of back story to be told. Gillian Anderson is still smoking hot

12. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........ DBSTalk Club

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Looks like they are gonna rerun the Pilot on Saturday. I will pick it up then.

13. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    loved it. I am all in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    Yeah, I set it up to record on Saturday as well.

15. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    From what I saw it looks like it is going to follow the plot development of a season of 24, except without quite the time pressure or shooting in the thigh. But following the basic arc where you think you know who's behind it, then it turns out they are under control of someone even higher up and more sinister.