1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

NBC Dropouts last night?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Old_School, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Old_School

Old_School Legend

Nov 28, 2011
    PA
    Last night i recorded Chicago Fire and when i watched it today (or tried to) it would blackout every 3-5 mins. Tonight i tried watching Chicago PD with no issues... Was NBC having issues or do i have a possible system issue?

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I recorded Chicago Fire and watched it Wednesday. No blackouts at all. Recorded from SAT, not OTA. What was the source of your recording?

3. Old_School

Old_School Legend

Nov 28, 2011
    PA
    i recorded it on the local NBC station via Directv... wonder if its possible the local feed was having issues?

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Do you have an HR34 Genie DVR by chance? There is a known issue with NBC channels in some markets with some HR34s.

5. Old_School

Old_School Legend

Nov 28, 2011
    PA
    Funny you should mention that.... i had a service call about a month ago where my HR34 was locking up on NBC channels and it was switched out with a HR44 then...

It must have been a temp issue as i watched NBC today for about an hour and had no issues...