1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBC HD on DirecTv

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jyurciw, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jyurciw

jyurciw Cool Member

Sep 2, 2004
    What's the latest on NBC HD coming to DirecTV HD lineup? Does anyone know if will be soon, this month maybe?

New season starting, sure would like to see some of it in HD.

2. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    Any what does this have to do with DVR support?

3. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Well, the forum title is DirecTV High Definition DVR Support & Discussion. :)

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Expected to start on Thursday, September 16.

5. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    NBC-HD east and west are now active for me. Chs 82 and 83.

6. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
  7. danx0r

danx0r Guest

I'm a newbie DTV cust with HD Tivo & a new plasma 50". Generally things are great, a couple nits, any info appreciated.

1) Why is the TIVO software so far behind 'real' TIVO boxes? We've been addicts for years (first replay, then tivo) -- seems crazy they don't have all the features. esp. room to room -- that's a killer problem for us. I would have to set up analog tivo boxes just to enable it.

2) what's the deal with local programming? When 80-83 came on (CBS, NBC HD), I had to call and make a stink to get anything - and they only switched on 'west' (81 & 83). First person was babbling about waivers and zip codes, I kept on them until I got bounced to someone who wanted to go home so they switched it on (seemed like that anyway). The salesperson promised me all my local channels in HD with no hassle (guess she was on commission)

3) I can't get any closed captions on NBCW (83). Called them up and they blamed NBC; I explained that it's very unlikely NBC doesn't broadcast the captions, so they said they would bump it to engineering.

anyway that's all for now, nice resource here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.