1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

NBC looking to reboot Murder, She Wrote

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by dpeters11, Oct 24, 2013.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
  2. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Why?. Was't the 80 years this show was on enough?

3. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Well NBC murdered the Ironside redo. With zero mystery writing skills thru out Hollywood TV land, I expect another short run of I don't know what I'm doing episodes.

4. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Another failure from the peacock...

5. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    NBC why waste the money on a new version when you can pay CBS for rerun rights that would be way cheaper?

6. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Uhhhh......WHY? We know that Jessica Fletcher was the biggest mass murderer who managed to place the blame on others. :hurah:

7. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    "I see our killer is getting desperate. This one is older and less attractive than his other victims"

- Jonathan Hart, assessing Cybill Shepard's corpse in the pilot episode of Cybill

"We'd like you to come down to the station to answer a few questions"

"Surely you don't suspect me!"

"We have to Mr. Hart. You find a dead body every week."

8. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Took me a while to get it. :)

9. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    When are the westerns coming back - Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Cheyenne, Sugarfoot, Maverick, Have Gun, Will Travel, Wagon Train, Wild Wild West, Wyatt Earp, The Big Valley.

Actually, I think a new series base around the Maverick character might work. But they'll probably do a soap-like remake of The Big Valley.

10. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    I watch most of them now on MeTV, and a few on CoziTV, like the Vriginian, Wanted Dead or Alive, and The Deputy.

A new Maverick might fly, because there is always an audience for "cool", but as far as the other series, that touted bravery and ruggedness, I don't think there's a market for new versions.

Richard Long, who played Jarred Barkley, was one of my favorite TV actors who never got his due. Unfortunately, he died in his late 40s.

11. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I can't figure out why they want to use the old series names. NBC's greatest drama success this year is "The Blacklist" which didn't reuse the name of an old series.

"Castle" is a series about a novelist investigating crimes. It's got decent ratings.

So why do they want to use the name of an old series?

Let a new show stand on its own. I don't get it. They don't benefit that much from us old viewers anyway.

12. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    I thought I recall something about this time last year where CBS had been plans on remaking a few westerns (Have Gun - Will Travel, Rifleman, Wanted: Dead or Alive, & Cisco Kid) but knowing Hollywood I'm sure they will figure out a way to destroy those classics.

13. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
  14. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Isn't that NBC's tagline?

15. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
  16. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I agree. First thing people will do is compare it to the old ones and love it or hate it.
    New names, same basic theme, maybe.

I definitely like Castle and The Black List, along with many others .

17. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I gave up on network shows ten years ago.