1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBC Sports Network in SD? Ugh.

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by chris83, Apr 12, 2012.

1. chris83

chris83 Legend

Aug 16, 2006
    I LOVE hockey and especially the Stanley Cup playoffs. I would seriously consider moving up a package to get NBC Sports Network, but with it only being in SD it's just not worth it. The Detroit-Nashville game was on CNBC last night in HD and was glorious.

Obviously ANY sport looks worlds better in HD, but I feel hockey benefits the most. Another "limited bandwidth" victim I guess. :(

2. MCHuf

MCHuf Legend

Oct 9, 2011
    SD? I'm looking at Dish's channel line-up and it shows NBC Sports being in HD. As a matter of fact, it's in DA Gold, witch is a HD package.

3. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    It was HD for several years when the channel was Verses, viewed both games in HD last night. You should check again, if you are getting the sd channel and HD, you should have it. Have you checked at channel 9466?

4. chris83

chris83 Legend

Aug 16, 2006
    Thank you both. I currently have the "Top 200" package and only saw NBC Sports as being available on 151 in SD; I didn't see a HD equivalent when I went to the "All Channels" view.

So, channel 9466 is the HD version? Or is 151 in HD only available in a different package?

5. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Rehit time. HD is always available if you have the channel and Dish has it.

6. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    It should map to 151, do you have mapping enabled?

7. chris83

chris83 Legend

Aug 16, 2006
    Not at home at the moment to check; how would I go about doing so?

8. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    NBC Sports Network (channel 151) is available in HD and SD. It is available in our Dish America Gold and AT 250 and above programming packages. If you have further questions, please let me know. Thanks.

9. chris83

chris83 Legend

Aug 16, 2006
    Hi Ray. Unfortunately, as noted above, when I look at my guides I only see 151 as an SD option; the HD version is NOT showing up in my program guide.

Obviously with the "Top 200" I wouldn't be able to view it, but I would think it would show up as existing in the "All Channels" option when I go there.

10. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    It doesn't work that way.
    An UNSUBBED channel will ONLY show the SD version in the guide.
    It won't map down the HD version in the guide. That's the way it has always been.

11. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Oops. I missed "Top 200" when I mentioned rehit. Never mind me. What's above is correct. If you're not subscribed you will not see the HD version in 'all channels' because the mapdown isn't there.