1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBC Sports Sucks!!!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by islesfan, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 6, 2007 #1 of 30
    islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    I was looking foward to watching the Sharks, then the Kentucky Derby, then the Sabres games all in HD. This would be the first Derby in HD for me. Well, unfortunately, I guess I'll have to wait for next year, or until the Derby and the NHL move to HD stations! All three "HD" programs were in SD!!! This absolutely blows!!!

I have contacted the station, and they "know they have a problem and they are working on it," but I have noted before that the only NHL HD I have seen has involved the Pens (on NBC that is). So, I guess they have been "working on it" for weeks now...

I wish the NHL was on any other network! (OK, maybe not CW, as that is not in HD on D* and is even worse quality than NBC.) Fortunately, I watch only 2 NBC shows (Heroes and Raines) so I rarely have to put up with their amateur hour until Stanlye Cup Playoffs.

2. May 6, 2007 #2 of 30
    byron

byron Icon

Nov 15, 2004
    i'm guessing you're placing blame on your local NBC affiliate right? because i watched the derby in HD yesterday and i'm watching the rangers in HD right now.

3. May 6, 2007 #3 of 30
    Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    I'm watching the Sabres in HD right now, it sucks. I'd rather watch them on MSG in SD. The commentators are terrible and between last weeks game and today’s it's obvious their biased towards the Rangers. Sharks were in HD as well yesterday.

NBC and Sports don't mix.

24:35 left in the Rangers season

4. May 6, 2007 #4 of 30
    byron

byron Icon

Nov 15, 2004
    funny how all these sabers fans are coming out of the woodwork. i caught one of the games here in new york and i ran into quite a few mouthy/arrogant sabres fans... i don't think i've heard the words arrogant and sabres used in a the same sentence ever. no offense intended steve, just making an observation.

5. May 6, 2007 #5 of 30
    Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Sabres fans aren’t coming out of the woodwork, they've always been around and we have the best damn fans in the NHL, and we also have the best team in the NHL. At the end of the 2nd, the Garden is so quite you can hear a pin drop. It was GREAT!

It’s official, Sabres are going to the Eastern Conference finals, the Rangers are done. Now that the NYC teams are out, maybe the national sports media will focus on the Upstate team.

Rangers played a great series, Lundqvist is a great goalie, just let it one more then he should have, but in the end the best team prevailed.

6. May 6, 2007 #6 of 30
    John W

John W Icon

Dec 19, 2005
    Keep dreaming. Its Buffalo.

7. May 6, 2007 #7 of 30
    Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    When we get 2 feet of show it's on every major news outlet and the media has no problem making fun of us, when it comes to something good it's brushed off. The other night on SportsCenter it took nearly 20 minutes and two commercial breaks before the 7.7 sec tie/OTwin was mentioned and it wasn't even featured for a minute and a half, meaningless baseball games had more mention.

8. May 6, 2007 #8 of 30
    pkd88

pkd88 New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    LOL another Sabres fan who doesn't realize that in the rest of the country, there is something to do besides watch a hockey team. Buffalo citizens must be the most bored people on earth.

HFBoards -->

Just Teasin' you :)

9. May 6, 2007 #9 of 30
    byron

byron Icon

Nov 15, 2004
    congrats.... but i don't see buffalo making much more noise. the only reason they made it past the second round is b/c they got the rangers.

10. tpayne105

tpayne105 Legend

Aug 28, 2006

Just remember...it WAS a goal in 1999!!!!!!

11. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    Yes, our local affiliate KRNV sucks out loud!!!

12. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Pizza, Wings, Beef on Weck, Sabres Hockey, Bills Football and Snow. What more do you need :)

I don't live in the past but, 1999 doesn't mean a damn thing to me, I stopped following the Sabres and the NHL in 1998, the year after Nolan left and picked up last year after the lockout. Sabres are going to the Finals, Emery is not as good as Lundqvist, if we can beat Lundqvist, we can beat anyone, except for maybe Hasek, who I couldn't stand as a Sabre and part of the reason why I took a break from hockey.

That's weak. Especially considering how well the Rangers played. Is it fair to say the only reason the Rangers got passed the first round because they played Atlanta. Other then Jersey who fell apart, the Rangers were the only team I did not want the Sabres to play

13. byron

byron Icon

Nov 15, 2004
    well buffalo will certainly have their hands full with ottawa. they got the best of you guys in the regular season and they have a lot more post season experience. best of luck.

14. marlen

marlen Legend

Sep 2, 2006
    If you go back a week or so, the guy you are quoting said Buf isn't going anywhere once they get a hard checking team..well before the sreries began Avery claimed he was going "to hurt" a number of Sabres...did he even get on the score sheet.

Get real folks... the Sabres are the best team in the new NHL. No amount of muscle will stop them. Perhaps they will be stopped by a top netminder (which is why New York stayed as close as they did).

The best thing for hockey would be Ducks /Sabres.

Storybook year for bufff. First - beat old favorite coach (Nolan) and useless old slacker Satan (Islanders) - then move on to Ottawa (old GM Muchler) and if we're lucky - we'll see Hasek and Detroit (excercising all demons in one year).

No more "wode right", or "No Goal"...just hot wings at the anchor bar, and a drive down Elmwood....

15. ExCavTanker

ExCavTanker AllStar

Apr 22, 2007

Ahhhhh, no sir to correct you that would be the Red Wings. Perhaps you have heard of this place where THE greatest NHL fans pay homage to THE greatest NHL team; it's known simply as "HOCKEYTOWN":).

GO WINGS!!!!!!

16. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    Marlen, I take it you’re a native WNYer :) I love this, I feed on it. From here on out whatever happens the Sabres will make this area proud. Smaller markets seem to have more passionate fans Green Bay for instance, which I believe in the smallest pro sports market, Buffalo is the smallest NHL market. Just a few years ago the Sabres were nearly written out of the league.

Starting off the season with 10 consecutive wins, only team in the NHL to score over 300 goals this season, President’s Trophy winners, what appears to be another Jack Adams award for Ruff, we just need two things to cap off the story book season. One banner that reads ‘2006 -2007 Eastern Conference Champions’ and another that reads ‘2006 -2007 Stanley Cup Champions’

When the Sabres win the Cup I’ll ship down some wings form the Anchor Bar and a few cases of Buffalo Sabres Top Shelf Sundae ice cream from Perry’s. :lol:

17. marlen

marlen Legend

Sep 2, 2006
    I am from Buffalo and have supported the Sabres/Bills thru the good and bad (I seem to remember sitting thru a couple of cold 2-12 Bills seasons at Rich Stadium), Sabre fans are smart hockey people - they know the game and appreciate good hockey no matter who's playing it. If we complain a bit, it's probably based on good reason (I don't seem to hear too much yelling over the Briere non-goal). We knew we had to move on and indeed we did...to the conference finals.

I'll take you up on the Anchor bar wings - and if you can score some Brador from over the bridge I'll take a little of that too...:goodjob:

18. brewer4

brewer4 DBSTalk Club Member

Aug 19, 2006
    He's right. Sabres fans are some of the most dedicated and loyal fans. They love their hockey. I love small market teams that really dig their sports.

19. islesfan

islesfan Hall Of Fame

Oct 18, 2006
    Nevada
    Well, whatever the case, I look foward to as many Vs. games as possible, since I am more likely to get HD there than from NBC!

20. STEVED21

STEVED21 Godfather

Feb 6, 2006
    Two words:

:hurah: WIDE RIGHT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.