1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

NBC's Chicago PD

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Steve, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    Watched the first two episodes last night. Pretty darned good, IMHO.

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Yep, they even integrated some of the cast of the fire department show.

3. WebTraveler

WebTraveler Icon

Apr 9, 2006
    I thought the 1st episode was dumber than dumb......my expectations were high after Chicago Fire.....so I was disappointed.

4. Steve

Steve DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 22, 2006
    Lower...
    I don't watch Chicago Fire, but I felt better about episode 1 after seeing the end of episode 2. It shed a new light on what I thought I saw.

5. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Love this show, it reminds me of "the Shield" type of show from FX years ago.

6. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I do wish I had added Chicago Fire, I usually record every show that looks decent. Don't know why I didn't do that this time. I did set a few SLs for the PD show.

Rich

7. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I did like that show. Missed the first season and bought a DVD set to catch up. Not something I normally would do.

Rich

8. IndyMichael

IndyMichael Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2003
    Indiana
    I really like Chicago Fire, but had no desire to even check out Chicago PD, since they based it on the idiotic, corrupt and bully of a cop that had a story arc on Chicago Fire.

9. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    I'm neither in luv with it nor hate it. It is really too early to tell how good all the characters are going to jell.

10. TomCat

TomCat Broadcast Engineer

Aug 31, 2002
    Hmmm. I didn't know things could get much dumber than Chicago Fire. I find both of them completely formulaic and predictable, even boring and bush-league. At least "Fire" had a couple of hottie EMTs.

11. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    You might think differently of Sergeant Voight (Jason Beghe) if you watch the show.