1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NBR (DishPass) problem on 501

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by mrdctaylor, Nov 17, 2007.

1. mrdctaylor

mrdctaylor Cool Member

May 26, 2007
    Well, I don't get on this forum much so all of the new enhancement to the 501's software came as a surprise for me. However, I'm having a hard time getting the NBR to work properly. Either that or I am misunderstanding something.

Anyway, I am a big boxing fan. I decided to set up a DishPass for anything the contains "Boxing" in the title. In fact, I scrolled through the guide to tonight on HBO where there is boxing on. I set it up as a DishPass and clicked the create timers button. However, it says that there are no timers. It doesn't even show the boxing that is tonight on HBO as showing up. :-( Any ideas? I've tried just Title and Exact Match and Title. Neither option worked.

2. langlin

langlin Godfather

Apr 8, 2005
  3. mrdctaylor

mrdctaylor Cool Member

May 26, 2007
    I can try it. However, if I actually selected the program from the guide and made the DishPass using it, you'd think it would work. I tried several things (using title) and none of them worked. Dfinitely a bug somewhere. Is anyone else having success? I don't want it to search in the description. There are ALWAYS boxing movies on and I don't want to record those. I only want to record fights (which almost always having "Boxing" in the title).

4. msb1122ep

msb1122ep New Member

May 18, 2004
    I have setup a DishPass on my 510 to record Dallas Stars Hockey games. The DishPass will pick up all the games on the Local channel(27) but the games on FOX SW (416) are not on the schedule. The DishPass also picks up the games on channel 8407? which is a dup of channel 27 but these are skipped so this is okay. Doing a #search for the games all games appear in the results screen. For now I have been using search and setting up the missing games. Is it safe to assume that this is similar bug to OP? When will they get this fixed?

5. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I never understood DishPass when I had a 501. It downloaded in October. It must be a TIVO like thing. The VIP622 Software is a huge difference..