1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

NCIS instead of NCIS:LA

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by orenr, May 11, 2013.

1. orenr

orenr Cool Member

Jun 10, 2004
    I just got a new Hopper a few days ago (switched from a 622) and something weird happened. I recorded NCIS and NCIS:LA last Tuesday, using PTAT but with actual timers set for them, and when I went to watch NCIS:LA it showed me the NCIS episode that was just before it. I doubt that they aired the wrong program. Is this a software bug, or should I suspect that there is something wrong with my box?

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Legend

Jan 10, 2006
    When did you watch it? During PTAT? During PTAT all the shows are recorded as one long stream and afterwards are chopped into the apppropriate pieces. Did you watch it from the My Recordings folder or from the PTAT folder?

3. orenr

orenr Cool Member

Jun 10, 2004
    I watched it yesterday afternoon (not during PTAT). I watched it (or tried to) from "My Recordings"

4. bigdog9586

bigdog9586 Legend

Jan 17, 2008
    There has been two times in the past few weeks for some reason they aired NCIS LA at 8 and NCIS at nine. Why I have no idea. So maybe that was your problem which means you didn't really have a problem.

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Without knowing where he is, it is also possible that there was some local event that happened. Sometimes local sports or news will pre-empt the network show and the local channel will re-air the episode at a later time.

6. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    To win. NCIS and Sunday Night NFL were neck and neck for #1 show in overall ratings for the season, which ended this week. However CBS showed the season finale of NCIS last week. If it showed an NCIS rerun in its normal 8 time slot, it would have counted in the season ratings, and the NFL would have won just slightly, since the rerun got a low rating. But by showing NCIS at 9 it is considered a "special" and did not count in the season average and NCIS was the highest rated program of the year.