1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NCIS - "Stakeout" - 04/08/2007

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Drew2k, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    I'm so glad this show is back - it's a great mix of procedural/forensic investigation and comedy, with an occasional splash of serious drama.

Now what's up with Jenny? I forget the specific tests Ducky asked Abby to run, but the results seemd to startle Ducky...

2. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    Gibbs speculated and Ducky dodged:

The test result discussed was Creatine kinase test which for those of us who have had heart attacks was a familiar term. However, except immediately after a heart attack the meaning of elevated CK it isn't so simple to interpret, but would bother a Doctor:
    And Jenny may or may not be a red herring. Someone is leaving though, see here (no spoiler).

3. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Interesting news. I wasn't aware of the info from the TV Guide link ...

Not sure if anyone else recognized the Detective - she was Katie from Journeyman. I wonder if she'll have a recurring role on NCIS now that Journeyman is sadly off NBC's radar ...

4. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    I recognized her right off the bat, well, it took me a couple of minutes to wake up the brain cell, but it did wake up. She would make a nice addition.

5. Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    Elevated CK is also an indicator of renal failure. And Ducky was looking at what appeared to be some sort of abdominal scan on the films when Palmer walked in on him.

It can also be an indicator of muscular dystrophy.

6. t_h

t_h Icon

Mar 7, 2008
    How was the PQ for everyone else? We recorded it from the Sacramento local from the satellite and the PQ was awful. Splotchy, creeping backgrounds, and everytime the scene changed the whole picture went blurry and splotchy and then cleared up over a second or two. Looked like a bad youtube video on occasion. Looked like extreme over compression or some other such problem.

We tried both HR20's and two different tv's with about the same results.

7. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Picture quality was great off of WCBS-HD NY (MPEG4).

8. petergaryr

petergaryr Passed away April 24, 2010

Nov 22, 2006
    No problems here in Jacksonville, Fl (HR20-100)....locals in MPEG4.

9. t_h

t_h Icon

Mar 7, 2008
    Well shoot, it must be my local station. We watched CSI last night and the first chunk of the show before the commercial break was the same way...smeared. After the first commercial break, they must have thrown another squirrel on the treadmill because it looked pretty good.