1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neat Idea with PC Tuner/Sega Genesis Game system

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by TimL, Feb 13, 2004.

1. TimL

TimL Legend

Apr 23, 2002
    I just put a WinTV Tuner card in my computer to get some Cable Channels on my 19" computer screen..works like a charm (Ch. 2-78, 96 Time Warner Canton) I had (I thought) a goofy idea that I was not sure would work. Have an "Old Fashioned" Sega Genesis 16 bit game system.(was one of the last to buy it new) Thinking I would try to hook it up to the WinTV card in back of the computer to see if it could play the Genesis games on the computer screen..And to my surprise it worked..I played Madden 97 on the computer screen using Sega Genesis. The picture was only slightly fuzzy full-screen but still very playable. I am sorry if doing this seems like common knowledge to many, but it was new to me. Just thought it would be something fun to try..

Tim Lones

2. MarkA

MarkA God Bless America! DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Yeah, watch out for PVR functions if you ever have any problems. My GameCube looked bad and had about a 2 second delay (enough to be almost unplayable). I disabled PVR on my ATI AIW Radeon and now it works like a charm...