1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Need a little help

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by kellen34, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kellen34

kellen34 Mentor

Dec 15, 2006
    I'm most likely going to buy a SONY SXRD 60" projection on clearance today. Model number is KDS-R60XBR2. I have the HR20-700. How does the picture look using the HDMI connection from the receiver to the TV? Any issues? Anyone have any experiance or knowledge of this TV?

From all the research I've done, it seems like the best projection TV out on the market.

Thanks in advance.

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    I actually just got the same TV last Friday and HD locals great. SD looks very good. So far I am very happy with it.

3. kellen34

kellen34 Mentor

Dec 15, 2006
    Thanks. What kind of stand did you get with it, the Sony stand, or something else? The stand I'm looking at is a sony, but I don't think it swivels, and in my room where this would go, it needs to be at a slight angle.

4. Michael D'Angelo

Oct 20, 2006
    It does not swivel but fits great on it and looks great on it. Also It has a lot of room for equipment. I have a HR20, H21, PS3, XBOX 360 + HD DVD Drive, DVD player, surround receiver, power center, and a very big center channel sitting on it with no problems. If you would like let me know and I will post a pic when I get home and take one of it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...t&productCategoryId=cat03116&id=1165609791326

Also give the unit 2 or 3 days using it before you judge the SD channels. When I first turned it on I was not to happy with the SD but after using it a couple days they look very good now.

5. HD AV

HD AV Legend

Nov 22, 2006
    I, too, have the XBR2 60" and could not be more pleased. I have the HR20 and use the OTA for all my locals. The picture is supurb! I have not had any problems with the DVR regarding the hookup to the TV. As for picture quality check out the AVSForum, KDS R60-70XBR2 Owners Settings and Tweaks thread. This will give you very useful info on obtaining the best possible picture. I also have the Sony stand and it rests on "sliders" so, if you can easily grab a back corner of the stand and slide to the desired angle and/or back parallel with the wall.

PS I use the component out on one input on the TV for SD using custom setting to optimize the picture and an HDMI input for optimized HD settings and OTA. Yes, I do have to switch between inputs, but the resulting difference/improvement in SD picture quality is worth the effort.

6. kellen34

kellen34 Mentor

Dec 15, 2006
    So, HD AV, you have this TV stand?? Thanks for the great advice.

http://www.onecall.com/popups/ProductImages.aspx?id=31664

Sorry, you might have to paste this link.

Also, BmoreRavens, if it's not to much trouble, a pic of your set up would be great. BTW, Go Ravens, I live out here in Oregeon and go to all the Oregon football games and it sounds like Demetrius Williams is playing pretty well for you guys at receiver.

Thanks to both of you. Would you say $3159 for the TV and stand is a good deal? 18 months no interest as well. Thought it was a steal personally.

One more question, how's the side viewing in your living rooms? It looked okay at the store.

7. HD AV

HD AV Legend

Nov 22, 2006
    Snatch it up for that price with the stand! The side angle viewing is excellent up to about 65 degrees off angle.

8. Michael D'Angelo

Oct 20, 2006
    Hopefully these help.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.