1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need advice, to roof mount or not in Florida?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by ozz3811, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozz3811

ozz3811 New Member

May 23, 2007
    Hi guys. just found this site in my research on mounting the slimline to the roof.
    Must say I am glad to be here.
    LAst week I was schedual for an install but got postpone to next Monday. I had the installer come out and said he could mount the dish on the roof. Its a shingle roof and I live in South Florida, where the hurricanes hit. I do not think I will allow that to happen. I came across a wall mount extender, it extends 23 inches and that is enough to clear my overhang. I have a dish network ant and my current 3lnb directv ant already installed on the end of the overhang. I thought about putting a pole in the ground but that wil make my run over 100 ft to two irds. Besides my wife is not too keen on that idea.
    So has anyone have any experience with the wall mount and the slimline.

BTW. I call directv and asked for my local hidef channells as I already pay for the hd program. They said I would need new equipment. I asked for the retention department and told the lady I was done talking with her. I told the retention dept that I wanted to get my hi def local (eventhough I get them over the air) and that I wanted a hidef dvr. The man said it was 299. So i told him to disconnect me because dish network was giving it to me for free.
    I managed to get the hidef dvr, a regular hr20 to replace an h10 and one more box to put in my sons room, as well as running a line to it. My total cost was $21. to pay for the shipping of the box.

Also if anyone can post pictures it would be nice so that I can compare.

Thanks for any help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.