1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Need Advice

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by vikerex, Apr 6, 2014.

1. vikerex

vikerex AllStar

Aug 18, 2006
    I am trying to replace two of my oldest HD-DVRs. I have the following:
    HR34-700
    HR24-500
    HR24-100
    H25-500
    HR22-100
    HR20-700

I am trying to replace the HR22 and HR20 with newer receivers. Called DTV...said no problem...shipped me two HD-DVRs...received two HR22-100s...should have known better...even though I was told the old ones would be upgraded to newer models. Scheduled an appt. with an installer...maybe I can swap the "new" HR22's for newer models??? I also have the chance to upgrade them to the C41-100...not sure at this time what to do????

Thanks...

2. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    Technician may bring you old refurbs also. Clients may work for you if you don't use those rooms often but you will lose some tuners by doing that. You will gain performance improvements though by getting rid of those old DVRS IMO.

3. carl6

carl6 Moderator

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Only way to assure a particular model is to order from a third party vendor such as Solid Signal. Of course, that will cost you.