1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need alittle advice

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Jtemmons, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Jtemmons

Jtemmons New Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Okay I just moved apartments and haven't gotten my satellite hooked up yet. The apartment complex won't let us drill the satellite in the roof and we do not have a balcony. Is a non penetrating mount the only/best way to mount a satellite on the roof?

Also the end plastic peice broke off of my LNB during the move. Its about the last 3 inches on the plastic side. Do you think it will still work? or should I go out and get a new LNB peice

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Your a DirecTV customer. You fall under the "Mover's Connection" benefit. All you had to do was notify DirecTV when you are moving, pack up the receiver and remote and leave the dish behind. They will install a new dish and hook up the receiver and give you some freebies for staying with them!

3. Jtemmons

Jtemmons New Member

Aug 23, 2010
    I'm not technically a directv customer. I moved off to college and took my hr22 box with me and bought a satellite last year.

4. MysteryMan

May 17, 2010
    USA
    If you are not getting the service leagally no one here can advise you.

5. Jtemmons

Jtemmons New Member

Aug 23, 2010
    I didn't think that it was illegal

I just wasted 300$ on nfl sunday ticket :(

6. MysteryMan

May 17, 2010
    USA
    You posted you are not "technically" a DirecTV customer. Given that how are you getting the service?

7. xmetalx

xmetalx Godfather

Jun 3, 2009
    I think we've gotten a little off-topic on what the OP wanted here. He was asking about non-penetrating mounts due to apartment complex restrictions. Based on what you've stated so far about no balcony and no drilling.. I'd have to say yeah, a non-penetrating sled mount would be your best bet. Those can generally run somewhere around $50-70.

And since he said he just paid $300 for NFL ST, I've gotta assume he's a D* subscriber...

8. gnahc79

gnahc79 Godfather

Jan 11, 2008
    Have you been given the ok to put the dish on the roof with a non-penetrating mount? If it's an apt complex owned by a small company or one person, they *might* let you even though they have no obligation to do so. If the apt complex is owned by a corporation, you'll likely get a big "No" when you ask. Your renter's insurance does not cover it and the apt complex wants no part of the liability that comes with installing a heavy dish on a roof.

9. MysteryMan

May 17, 2010
    USA
    He stated "technically" he wasn't a DirecTV customer. Given that I asked him how he was getting the service?. He did not reply.

10. xmetalx

xmetalx Godfather

Jun 3, 2009
    I think he's a little confused.. as he stated he took his HR-22 to college with him, which would indicate he was at least a previous D* customer.. (unless he bought an HR22 via retail.. but its pretty useless with active service, so I dunno..)

11. Kansas Zephyr

Kansas Zephyr Hall Of Fame

Jun 29, 2007
    If he took "his" HR22 to college...and the rest of the IRDs are still back home...along with the account's address and billing. MysteryMan isn't confused, at all.

OP...care to clarify?

12. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Sounds more like

to me.

13. MysteryMan

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Like I said everyone, he has not replied.