1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need another box for lease

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by kwajr, Apr 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwajr

kwajr Icon

Apr 7, 2004
    I am a dhp customer what is the best deal i can get to just add another reciever for lease they told me 149 no matter what box but hell i can buy one at walmart for 100 :confused:

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    If you are under Digital Home Plan you can have a maximum of four tuners leased. Under their upgrade promotion it may be cheaper to buy a used receiver or even a new receiver. The service contract on DHP should cover your account wether it is an owned or leased receiver.

3. DeCrapinator

DeCrapinator Mentor

Feb 22, 2005
    So if I have 4 boxes (single tuner) and want to add, say a 942, I have to buy it to add the FIFTH tuner to the mix? Or even if I wanted a fifth single tuner -- say a 301 -- I cannot lease it but must buy it?

Thanks.

4. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    Yes you must buy it.

5. kwajr

kwajr Icon

Apr 7, 2004
    i only have one box for two rooms whats the best deal to get another box

6. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    not sure.. (about lease)

But if wanna buy cheap.. maybe on ebay something.. just make sure it's all "kosher" before buying it (card, balance on it, etc.. you know) ;)

7. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    111 is the smallest and cheapest receiver you can buy. It does not have the A/V output on it like the other receivers do. It retails for $79 new.

8. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Check out the buy,sell & trade listing on this forum you should find some receivers for less than $50.

9. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    ya.. forgot about this one.. - good idea, boba

10. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    New 322's were on ebay for under $100 which do not have an additional outlet fee if connected to a phone line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.