1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Assistance Networking Video surveillance system

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by blirshnik, Mar 30, 2012.

1. blirshnik

blirshnik New Member

Mar 30, 2012
    I have a Zmodo Model number H264 Surveillance system/DVR. I have the surveillance system connected to a Verizon wireless router model number GT704-WG. In addition I have a PC running Windows XP Pro connected to the same wireless router via Cat 5 network cable. The PC's only job is to serve as a stand alone server for the video surveillance system.
    I have connected my wireless router to my Direct TV HR21-100 via CAT5 cable ~ My router sees and recognizes the HR21-100.
    What I wish to accomplish is to send the video from my video surveillance system to the HR21-100 so that I can view the video surveillance system on my TV.
    If any of you have performed this task your help would be BEYOND appreciated!
    Thank you!!!

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Kind of .... You got wrong forum - it's dish, not DTV.

If you'll send the camera's video/audio from your PC using DNLA server [say PlayOn] what will connect to your DTV DVR ...

3. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Aside from the obvious bad choice in forums to post the question, the answer is that you CANNOT view the surveillance system through your satellite DVR.

Well, there is a way but it involves setting up a media server and hoping that it will work with DIRECTV's implementation of a Windows Media client. This is not a trivial pursuit and it will most likely end in disappointment.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Give him a chance ...
    Who knows how desperate he need this, perhaps he is know enough to make it works.