1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need DIRT (time sensitive)

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by CeeWoo, Feb 19, 2014.

1. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    Rec on my doorstep sometime today, boxes to return satellite receivers. My address on them, not my name. I have gone to my acct and sent a message from the 'contact us' box, but I know that 'sometimes' that can take a while

I would like to have a Dirt member contact me to verify if it's just a matter of someone entering an incorrect address to have the boxes sent (and insure that everything is ok & no hacking onto my acct), and if they can provide me info on how to contact the person (or Dish contact them) so that they can get the boxes & return receivers promptly. I know this has to be done within a limitied period of time.

I also know I can simply contact UPS to give the boxes back, but that could take time the Dish customer needs to get everything done on promptly

thanx

2. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Just worry about your account and return the boxes to DISH. I had this happen and it was theorized that someone had used my address to get out of market locals.

3. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    Thanks-I went 3 different routes to contact Dish
    1) here 2) contact us-on the Dish webpage 3)message to them on their Facebook page
    Got a reply to the fb message, and fellow there says I'm safe - which is a relief because several years ago, my wifes Identity was stolen and someone opened a Dish acct in another city using her name. When they moved to whereever they went, we got notice from Dish that we owed them about $500 (which was the first we knew that the ID had been hacked)! Dish was uncooperative with us and wouldn't even give info to the police without a warrant! They seemed more concerned with trying to collect from me than catching the fraudlent ID stealer. Took about a year before they just dropped the charge to us-and they never did do anything to help catch the bad guys (who totally got away :( )

Didn't get so much as a 'sorry' from Dish-if anything it was like I should have just paid the bill and not bothered them. First sign of any such thing going on again & I'm an EX Dish customer