1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

need help connecting router to hr 22 will not connect

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by cowboy620, Mar 4, 2009.

1. cowboy620

cowboy620 Cool Member

Mar 4, 2009
    i have a dlink dir 655 wireless router. i connected it with cat 5 wire, it was connected ,and working fine. but when power to powerstip was interrupted and turn back on, it would not connect. also i get an error 301 under the info&test, where stb ports are. i have to enter all the routers info manually. if i reset the the defaults and restart everything, nothing changes the factory defaults appear. then, i reset everything from there; the factory defaults don't change. i have also gone into the router, gone to port forwarding, and added all the info, the ip address and the ports 80,8080 to force the router to find the dvr. but router still can't find it. can anyone help me, thanks.

2. cowboy620

cowboy620 Cool Member

Mar 4, 2009
    go to router. on back of router, put the ethernet plug into port #1. this is the gaming port. now go to E under the address bar type 192.168.0.1 . go in to router, go to port forwarding, under name, name device. then under ip address type an address of 100 - 199 , just make sure your not using the same ip address as your pc. now under ports to open type 80,8080,27177,27178. at top of page hit save , it will ask to reboot now. hit reboot now . when done close E. now go to dvr go to networks , then go to network services, change automatic to manual, hit connect now, when done go to advanced setup. for the ip address type the same one used under port forwarding, subnet is 255.255.255.0, default gateway is 192.168.0.1, dns 71.243.0.12, hit connect now. you should get congratulations you are now connected to directv. you have to manually connect with the dlink, it will not add these figures automatically. good luck!

3. dave29

dave29 DIRECTV A-Team

Feb 18, 2007
    OK.........

4. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 DIRECTV A-Team

Jul 28, 2004
    Schuks....I feel badly that I got here too late to help....

This is one of my "pet" obstacles that I like to help with....:eek2:

5. flynn337

flynn337 AllStar

Feb 27, 2009

Huh? I didn't have to do any of that to get my HR23 connected to my DIR-655... and my "Active" works fine, Mediashare works fine, etc.

What exactly are these steps needed for?

6. pcnerdman

pcnerdman Cool Member

Jul 6, 2008
    No Joy,

I followed directions exactly and still get the 301 error.

I don't understand Your dns number. My router default to 192.168.0.1 for DNS. Is your domain name service number a static IP from your ISP or is your router using that ip number. Or, is it a DNS service IP address? I have the HR 21-100 plugged into switch port 1 on the router, but the 301 error won't go away. I can get DOD and media share connect but APPS will not work. Thanks for your post, and any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.