1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Need help getting directtv remote to work with sony bravia

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by lbenz08, Dec 8, 2008.

1. lbenz08

lbenz08 New Member

Dec 8, 2008
    I have the directtv hd receiver hooked up to a sony bravia 26" lcd and i tried all the codes to get the directtv remote to work with the tv.. ie. volume, etc.

Has anyone had problems getting their directtv remote to work with their sony bravia tv? what was the correct code you used?

thanks in advance!

2. DanER40

DanER40 Legend

Oct 25, 2007
    Have you tried these? 10810, 10000, 10632

3. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    10000 works with virtually any Sony.

4. thespaceghost

thespaceghost Legend

May 23, 2008
    Have you used the search code method to find it?
    What remote version do you have? RC32, RC64, RC64R?

I know the Bravia is a new model, so there is a good chance there may not be a code for it.

If you have a RC64 and you still cant find it with the search method, you may have to wait until new model remote comes out.

5. say-what

say-what DIRECTV A-Team

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    I've had 2 Bravias since 2005/2006 and no problem with the DirecTV remotes. I think 10000 worked.

Is this a newer set that you have? Sony has never been difficult in terms of remote programming.

6. kevinm34232

kevinm34232 Legend

Apr 29, 2008
    Yep 10000 has worked for every Sony I've done.

7. xIsamuTM

xIsamuTM Icon

Jul 8, 2008
    if it doesn't work, try doing a scan.
    Mute+select, wait for flash
    991, wait for flash
    1, wait for flash
    channel up about once every second or so until tv turns off
    select to lock that code into the remote.
    retry power and volume afterwards to make sure you didn't run past it.

If you get 3 flashes in a row after about 10 mins of doing this, you hit the end of the list and the remote is not compatable with that tv.

8. lbenz08

lbenz08 New Member

Dec 8, 2008
    hey guys, thanks for all your quick responses... turns out i had an older direct tv remote...thats why i couldnt get it to work... but found another/newer one laying around the house and i typed in code 10000 and it worked like a charm..even did the code 960 for the input and everything is working.

thanks again.