1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help on something

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by bluegras, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluegras

bluegras Godfather

Jan 31, 2008
    good morning i need some help on something i i am looking into buying the directv plus HDTV Receiver with DVR and i would like to eventually pickup over the air channels.Could you please send me a pictues on the back of an Directv HR21-600 receiver so that way i know where i can hook up an over the air antenna.Also could anyone please tell me the least cost over the air antenna that i can buy over at best buy so i can pick up some more locals channels besides the ones that i got now.Any help would be very appreciated

Have a great day

Allen Culver
    Streator,Illinois

2. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    You cannot connect an over-the-air antenna directly to any HR21 model. You need a component called an AM-21, which is the OTA solution for the HR21 DVRs.

Oh, punctuation and capitalization wouldn't hurt. ;)

3. bluegras

bluegras Godfather

Jan 31, 2008
    when will the AM21 will be coming out?Also when i get one could i get some more of the locals that i do not currently have right now such as the ones in peoria,illinois?will i have to hook up an antenna such as a Terk indoor HDTV antenna?

Thanks

Allen

4. cariera

cariera Icon

Oct 27, 2006
  5. Ed Campbell

Ed Campbell Hall Of Fame

Feb 17, 2006
    Short range indoor antenna - get the Zenith Silver Sensor, which is what the Terk and others copy, poorly. Bought mine on sale for $25 from Solid Signal.

Check with antennaweb.org, too, for what they recommend in your zip code.

6. deltafowler

deltafowler Duplicate User (Account Closed)

Aug 28, 2007
  7. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.