1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Need help rehooking up Equipment

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by PK6301, Sep 18, 2013.

1. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    Due to some financial difficulties I had my Directv service shut off.. I took out all of the equipment, cables, and cords and set them aside.
    I talked to retentions and am now able to pay off enough of the back balance to get my service turned back on.
    But now I have a problem.. Which part goes where ? And which cord hooks into which part.
    I have uploaded a picture of my parts, I am hooking back into a HR23 in the living room.
    I have labeled A B C D for ease of identification. ?

Thank you for any help you can give me..

Sent from my GT-P3113 using DBSTalk mobile app

Attached Files:

2. longrider

longrider DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    D is your power inserter. The cable from the dish goes to the port labeled Dish or ODU. The other port labeled Signal to IRD goes to the splitter (A) One output of the splitter goes to the open port of the DECA module (C ) The outputs of the DECA go to the receiver, coax to Sat1, ethernet obviously to ethernet. The other output of the splitter goes to the CCK ( B ) and your internet connection from your router plugs into the CCK Plug in the PI first, then the CCK, then your receiver and you will be set

3. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    Thank you..I would have sat there all day trying to figure that out... And I did not want to have Directv charge me $99 to do what you told me in 5 sentences..

Thanx

4. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Next time you'll make a map before you rip the system apart.

5. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    Could, but that would require forward thinking, besides it took alot for me to ask for directions !!!! Give me some credit :lol:

6. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    I'm having a very hard time figuring out why you disassembled the system in the first place.

7. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    My service was disconnected, and I was in the process of sending the DVR'S & equipment back to Directv.

8. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    trying to figure out why "A" is on the left and "D" is on the right...... :scratch:

9. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    It was just the way I arranged them... I had taken the system down to ship back to Directv, but now I am able re-hook back up...

But when I sat down with all the components I let out that utterance " Oh Crap what goes where ? :wub: " so I turned to you guys....

End of story

Thanx