1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Need help with Install

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by colonelswizz, Aug 13, 2008.

1. colonelswizz

colonelswizz New Member

Nov 1, 2007
    I have a friend that just moved into a condo that will allow dish's and she is getting D* but is having trouble with the installer. The install was suppose be Aug 9 and installer didn't do anything because he said that she needed to have some release from her landlord. She just bought this condo where she is getting D* so she is not a renter. I think she can have that issue worked out with no problem but if anyone has this problem before any advise on how to handle it would be appreciated.

Issue #2. The condo is on slab and single wired in each room. She is getting 3 HD DVR. Should she ask the installer to install the SWM line dish and everything that is involved with it so there no need to run additional wires for the DVR's? :)

2. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
    The installer most likely won't have SWM on is truck and won't give just give it out. If it is specified on the order he will install it. Make sure she knows where all the runs to the rooms are located also.

Yeah, make sure she has a written approval of the management company.

3. houskamp

houskamp New Member

Sep 14, 2006
    3 dvrs qualifies for SWMline dish.. but I don't know if they are availible in your area yet..if they aren't they should be soon..

4. joe diamond

joe diamond Hall Of Fame

Feb 28, 2007
    You need to find where the existing lines "terminate". They are probably in a cable room or vault near the electric meter. That is where the sat lines and dish need to enter your unit. The tech may need to "ring" the lines to identify your unit.

The HOA has a small input into where the dish goes. Look at their rules and the OTARD law.

Joe

5. colonelswizz

colonelswizz New Member

Nov 1, 2007
    The HOA does not care where it goes just as long as it not an eye sore.

6. Mertzen

Mertzen Hall Of Fame

Dec 8, 2006
    Just double check. These thing sometimes turn into an eyesore 'overnight'. ;)

7. colonelswizz

colonelswizz New Member

Nov 1, 2007
    I talked to the HOA president and got it ok'd.

8. joe diamond

joe diamond Hall Of Fame

Feb 28, 2007
    To put it another way..........where are the single outlets connected and how?

You have to know before you begin.

Joe