1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Need help with recording programming for MLB games

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by the future is now, Apr 20, 2013.

1. the future is now

the future is now AllStar

Jun 9, 2010
    recently i got a Genie, the last box i had recorded every Giants game for me automatically because of the set up i got from this board way back when. i think i'm using the same: "AALL HDTV GIANTS CCHAN 696" then press the red button to do the keyword search and choose Show Types and then Events, it should catch only the Giants live games on CSN BAY AREA. for some reason this is not working for my new Genie, can anyone help me with what to enter so i can catch all Giants games on CSN Bay Area and record it automatically for the rest of the season?

Thanks!

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I think at one point, cchan was going to be removed. Use cchans instead. I don't think it's necessary to specify hdtv.

3. the future is now

the future is now AllStar

Jun 9, 2010
    was finally able to figure this out, here is the code i used:

AALL GIANTS EVENTS LIVE CCHAN 696

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    I recommend changing CCHAN to CCHANS for this and all future boolean searches.