1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Need help with Samsung deca hookup

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by jford951, Apr 26, 2013.

1. jford951

jford951 Godfather

Oct 6, 2008
    Directv is instructing me to hook the deca end labels for the STB to my coax on the tv. I thought you weren't supposed to hook that to the tv

2. RAD

RAD DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    No, don't connect it to the TV, it needs to be connected to a power supply/inserter.

3. jford951

jford951 Godfather

Oct 6, 2008
    I thought I needed a powered deca and they sent me a receiver deca. Dtv is insist this is correct can I plug it into the power inserter for the swim 16

4. Jacob Braun

Jacob Braun King of Awesome

Oct 5, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    No, you can't. You'll either need them to send you a Cinema Connection Kit - Coax or get one through a third party like Solid Signal. Ordering from Solid Signal might be your best bet.

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    The csr is totally utterly wrong. You need a broadband (powered) deca. Plug one end into the deca power adapter, one end into a coax line that runs to the SWM, and the Ethernet cable into the
    TV.

6. jford951

jford951 Godfather

Oct 6, 2008
    I'm on call # 5 no one at csr seem to know anything about this setup. One person told me this wasn't a supported directv set up

7. jford951

jford951 Godfather

Oct 6, 2008
    Well call#6 was unaware of this setup also. He tried to tell me to conect coax to the tv. Once I told him no he actually put me on hold and went to look at a setup they had in the building. When he got back to the phone he apologized and told me I was right. So we will see in a few days if I get the right one.

If any directv people happen to read this there is a lot more training need for Crs reps on this setup

8. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    "we" send a request to DirecTV about the lack of training on this subject and it looks like they never got the message.