1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Need Help

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by sspear1, Sep 5, 2012.

1. sspear1

sspear1 New Member

Oct 3, 2007
    I have 4 receivers - two HR-20 -100, an HR-22-100, and a HR-21-100.
    Three of them are hard wired to the internet. One is in an upstairs room that I cannot hard wire. I would like to be able to watch movies on demand on that on - an HR20. I am on a SWiM 8 system. Should I buy a Cinema Connection Kit - or can I use one DECA just for that receiver? I do not have DECA's on any of the others.

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    You could go with a CCK near the router and then hook up a DECA to the one HR20. This would give you a hybrid system of part DECA-part Ethernet. You could also go with switching over the Ethernet receivers to DECA. That would probably give you a little better stability when it comes to MRV.

- Merg

3. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    A CCK by itself is useless.
    A CCK and a DECA on the HR20, "could work", but the -100s do require a special setup for a DECA, AND!!! all the other receivers would need a bandstop filter to block the DECA from their SAT inputs.

"Might just be" simpler to move to all DECA networking.

4. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Just noticed that I hadn't mentioned about those items and as I was about to post, I decided to refresh the thread... :)

- Merg