1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need More Expert Advise

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by alacazam, Mar 25, 2013.

1. alacazam

alacazam Mentor

Oct 8, 2004
    I currently have (2) HR24-100's and (1) H25-100 and have been considering another HR24 OR a Genie to replace the H25. Can anyone give me some advise what might be the better way to go? I just want the capability to record more than what I have capability to record now. Will DirecTV have any problems with me doing this? I realize I will have to sign another 2 year agreement. I could just purchase either receiver I choose to use also but I really don't see an advantage to doing that?????
    Thanks for the advise.

2. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    If it was me I'd call DIRECTV, tell them what you want, I'd recommend the Genie, and see what they'd want. This way they would provide any other upgraded hardware you would need.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Going through directv for a genie, you'd also be upgraded to a SWM16. Going for a 24, they cannot guarantee that. In that case, it would be best to get it from another source, like Solid Signal. It will be leased but guaranteed model.