1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need new dish and install stupid Ike

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by ShawnL25, Sep 14, 2008.

1. ShawnL25

ShawnL25 Icon

Mar 2, 2007
    Well I survived Ike! I lost all my fence and have a 2x2 hole in my roof that used to be an attic fan other than that the family is fine. I did lose my dish and am in need of a new one I tried to salvage mine but the lnb leads got ripped out. I called directv but they can't have anyone out for a few weeks (oct. 13 ) are there any installers on here in the Houston area that can help a fellow DBSTalker out. I am really fortunate to have power but it would be real nice to have a dish up and get back to some kind of normal. Thanks

2. Johnnie5000

Johnnie5000 Godfather

Mar 26, 2008
    Not to be rude, but I would think installers in the area have other problems at the moment. If I were in your situation, I would call the local UPS hub and make sure they're up and running and get one from eBay or solidsignal

3. ShawnL25

ShawnL25 Icon

Mar 2, 2007
    What else are the installers doing but installing new dishes? If you aren't aware of the situation you shouldn't post comments that begin with not to be rude. I am one of 2.6 million people who got the crap kicked out of their homes and spent the next 48 hours without electricity in the TEXAS Heat working to put our lives back in order right now as I type this I have 14 people staying in my house because we are lucky enough to have power. Tomorrow we will all start going back to work and by next week this will start to be behind us. I don't thinking I was asking too much to see if one of the installers wanted to come by sometime whilst in the area. I find myself angered by your response.

4. thespaceghost

thespaceghost Legend

May 23, 2008
    I intend on coming out to houston early-mid this week. If anyone needs service, PM me.

5. Grydlok

Grydlok Icon

Mar 31, 2007
    What he is saying is right now 2.6 million people are calling around doing the same thing you are, trying to get their services working including satellite.

6. curt8403

curt8403 Hall Of Fame

Dec 27, 2007

the only good news on this whole thing is that Directv has decided that Ike = free service call

7. jimmyv2000

jimmyv2000 Hall Of Fame

Feb 15, 2007
    Manchester NH
    D* will just write off all IKE related calls ,
    as a disaster expense ao they show a slimmer profit margin on paper

8. Johnnie5000

Johnnie5000 Godfather

Mar 26, 2008
    What I meant by that is that I had assumed all of the installers in your area would be a bit more worried about their own houses. You know getting back home, assessing the damage, dealing with that, etc. Installers are people too, get "angered" by that if you want.

9. pennhunter

pennhunter Cool Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Believe or not Ike got me in Northwest Pennsylvania. I won't have power again at my weekend home till Saturday and I have several trees down on my property. I won't know if my dish needs realigned till I get power back, a tree fell next to it. My thoughts are with you folks down south, it had to be devastating there.