1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Need recommendation for series link

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dpeters11, Feb 17, 2014.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    So tonight I found Top Gear on BBCA is back. I never found a good way of recording that satisfied me. I want new episodes only and not have to deal with repeats. The OAD is the date aired in the UK, so setting it as first run doesn't work. Repeats don't have a generic description, so ttitle nnot really won't work, and we don't have a ddate option.

Does anyone else have a good way to set this up?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    If it comes on at the same time on the same channel couldn't you set up a Manual Record for that channel, time of the day or night, how long to record, etc. ?
    You would still get repeats that way but only the one per week.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Yeah, that may need to be what I do, and hope they don't change the timeslot. This show takes quite a bit of work to record for 7 episodes.

4. Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon Hall Of Fame

Aug 17, 2006
    I just go into that timer once a week, view upcoming, then manually re-add the next two weeks.