1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Need remote code for Emerson TV

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by BillJ, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    I want to use my Dish blue button UHF remote to control power and volume on an Emerson model EWF 2004A television. I can't find a remote code that works. (I was able to control the old Magnavox set I replaced with this remote.)
    Thanks to anyone who can help.

2. Satpro92

Satpro92 Legend

Jan 30, 2005
    Did you try a power scan? I am not familiar with this television, is it a combo(VHS,DVD or both)?

3. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    It's a 20" flat screen TV, no VCR or DVD. Not sure what you mean by power scan.

4. Satpro92

Satpro92 Legend

Jan 30, 2005
    Push and hold the TV button until it lights up,then push POWER, the TV button will remain lit. Then press the channel up or down buttons until the Television powers off,press #.

5. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    Thanks. Power scan found a code which allows me to turn the TV on and off and control volume with the Dish remote. Also changes channels, but I don't really need to do that. One problem: I have to remember not to touch the mute button. It mutes the sound alright but also locks the picture, brings up a display of numbers, possibly some kind of service code, and the TV can only be reset by shutting it off via the front panel switch. Just have to remember to turn down the sound rather than hitting mute when the phone rings.

6. Dave

Dave Icon

Jan 28, 2003
    Did you try all of Dish codes for an Emerson TV? If not here is the only list I have seen from Dish.

526,527,528,533,534,535,536,537,538,539,540,541,573,622,691,692,695,696, 699,and 720

7. BillJ

BillJ Icon

May 5, 2005
    Yes, I had the same list. One activated Sleep Mode with the power button but nothing else. Otherwise none of them did anything. Apparently Emerson has changed codes on recent models. Of course, this set is mfg. in China so who knows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.