1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Need some advice on my HR20...

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by apfrost, Jul 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apfrost

apfrost Cool Member

Nov 21, 2006
    So.. my HR20 receiver was bad. I took it back to best buy with my service plan after 8 months a got a replacement. When I call up to activate my new one the said they want the old one back and that if I don't return it to them I get a $400+ fee. !?!?!?

It seems as there is a communication problem between the 2 companys and I'm getting the short straw...

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    As they say: "I knew this was going to happen" when I first heard about the BB plan.
    I hope you have some paperwork that you can send [a copy of] to D*, since you're counting on BB to send the unit back to D* and get it cleared off your account.

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Best Buy is at fault here, they should not have sold you a service plan on a leased item. Keep detailed notes of everything that happens.

4. apfrost

apfrost Cool Member

Nov 21, 2006
    Well the thing is when I purchased my first HR20 nothing indicated it was leased. However on this new receiver they are stickers all over is saying it's leased and I even had to sign something to say I understood it was leased.

I also spoke to another DirectTV rep and was informed that Best Buy do send the receivers back to them, but if for some reason then don't get it I get charged for it. So the receiver is in limbo at the moment. Makes me feel a little better, but still its a shabby setup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.